The Sinefa app is hosted in a number of global regions. Below are some FAQs, please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.
What regions are currently available?
Currently, there are 5 regions, AP1 (Asia Pacific 1), AP2 (Asia Pacific 2), NA2 (US East), NA3(US West) and EU1(Germany). AP1 is hosted in Sydney, NA1 is hosted in Northern California.
How do I know which region my data is stored in?
When you login to your account, the URL in your browser will start with the region name such as ap1 (Asia Pacific 1) or na1 (North America 1).
Which region will my accounts be created in?
New account signups are created based on user's location. If you are from the Asia Pacific region then most likely your accounts will be based in our Asia Pacific cloud. Partners who create new customer accounts from inside the app will be created in the same region they are currently logged into.
Can I choose which region or country my account is setup in?
Yes, accounts can be fixed to a particular server, this is useful where ‘in-country’ hosting is required. Sinefa charges for this service, please contact ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ if you are interested in locking an account to a particular Sinefa app server.
Is there a way to move an existing accounts from one region to another?
Migration options are available. Please email ‘email@example.com’ and we’ll determine if your account can be manually moved. Fees apply.
Is there any price difference between the regions?
No, pricing is the same regardless of which region you are using.
I have multiple accounts, can they be in different regions?
Yes, you can switch between accounts in different regions. Your browser will automatically redirect to the appropriate region when you switch accounts.
As a Sinefa Partner in the Asia Pacific region, how do I create customer accounts in AP1 instead of NA1?
If all your existing accounts are in NA1, then all your new accounts will also be in NA1. To create new accounts in AP1, follow this process:
- Go to https://app.sinefa.com/signup, you should be redirected to https://ap1-app.sinefa.com/signup
- Create a temporary new account using an email address you have never used before on Sinefa
- Go to Settings -> System Users and invite your regular Sinefa email address to your new account
- Logout, then login again with your regular Sinefa email address
- Switch to the new temporary account. You will be redirected to the AP1 region
- From there, you can create new accounts user the Partners menu. Since you are logged into an account on AP!, the new account will be created on AP1.