Release Date: 2nd January 2013
Release Version: 13.01
Sinefa is pleased to announce it's newest software version (13.01) has been released, highlights include:
- Auto-registration for VMware-based Sinefa Instances
- Sinefa Instances can now be deployed on all supported VMware-based hypervisors with zero-touch configuration thanks to our new auto-registration feature. Simply download and deploy the Sinefa Instance virtual appliance and once started, it will automatically register itself with your account and appear in the user interface.
- Sinefa Instances deployed on hypervisors other than VMware will still need to be manually registered. This is now accomplished with a registration key, as opposed to a username and password. See the appropriate Quick Start Guide for more information.
- See this blog post for more information about this feature.
- Added in-line monitoring capabilities with Layer 7 detection
- Sinefa Instances can now be deployed in-line with a network to natively monitor application and host utilization. Previously, Sinefa Instances relied on receiving monitoring data from NetFlow sources. This capability allows Sinefa Instances to do the monitoring themselves. In addition, full Layer 7 detection and reporting is supported.
- Added IPFIX as a monitoring source
- In addition to NetFlow V9, Sinefa Instances can now accept IPFIX data for monitoring application and host utilization.
- Numerous bug fixes and other improvements
This update has already been applied to Sinefa Controllers globally.
This update will be automatically installed on Sinefa Instances within 24 hours of release. It can be manually installed immediately by logging into the Sinefa Instance and performing a software upgrade from the 'System' menu.