Re-registration: If the Sinefa Probe has been previously registered to another Account, you must first DELETE the Probe from the registered account and perform a probe recovery (Method 2) before you are able to re-register to another Account. To delete a Probe from an Account, log into the Sinefa App and go to Settings > Probe. The delete option will only be available to the Administrator of the Account.
Automatic Registration (for Hardware Probe)
To register a hardware Probe you simply need to enter the Serial Number of the Probe in the Sinefa App - this can be accessed through either:
- If you have the 'You'll need a probe in your network to get started.' screen, select 'I don't need a probe, just take me to my account.', navigate to Settings > Probes > Add Probe. Enter the Serial Number and click Add.
- If you don't have the 'You'll need a probe in your network to get started.' screen up, navigate to Settings > Probes > Add Probe. Enter the Serial Number and click Add.
More details on registering through a serial number available here
THAT'S IT - you're done.
If automatic registration fails or is not possible, continue reading this article.
Only hardware probes have Serial Numbers. If you are not using a Hardware Probe follow the instructions below for a 'Manual Registration'.
Manual Registration (for Software, Virtual or Hardware probe)
If automatic registration fails, follow these steps to manually register the Sinefa Probe. You must have a Sinefa account in order to register an appliance.
- Log into the Sinefa Probe with the username "admin" (no password is required by default - can log on via the IP address through SSH as well)
- You will need to register this Sinefa Probe with your Sinefa Account. You can do this by selecting "Registration" from the menu.
NOTE: By default, the Sinefa Probe will obtain an IP Address from DHCP. If DHCP is not available, you will need to manually configure a static IP Address using the "Network" option in the menu. See the Configuring a Static IP Address on a Sinefa Probe article for more information.
- Enter your Registration Key (found under Settings > Probe > Add Probe), then select "OK". You can optionally set the hostname at this point, so the Probe is easily identifiable when it's shown in the User Interface.
- You will return to the menu where the Registration Status will be updated to "Registered" if registration was successful. Select the "Refresh" button at the bottom to update this status (registration may take a few seconds depending on network speed and latency).
NOTE: If registration was not successful after a few seconds, try entering your Registration Key again or verify your network settings. The Sinefa Probe requires access to the Internet.
Once the Sinefa Probe is registered, you can now manage it using the Sinefa UI by logging in at www.app.sinefa.com.
Q: I received an error stating that I couldn't register my probe as it was linked to another account
A: You will need to send the serial number of your probe to email@example.com and let us know that it was linked to another account so we can get you up and running as a priority!