There are two ways to restore a Sinefa probe to factory settings.
Method 1: using the Wizard Menu on the Probe
You will need to access the console wizard using
a) SSH to the Probe
b) Connect via serial console cable (115200 baud)
c) If a VGA port is available on the unit, connect with a USB keyboard and plug in a monitor.
Log in using username admin, default password is blank (no password).
Select System > Reset Config > ensure Keep Network Settings is de-selected (highlight and press the space bar) and then select OK
Method 2: using the Boot Menu on the Probe
- Connect to the Probe using the methods outlined above
- Reboot the Probe and during the boot menu select Recovery (using the down arrow) instead of the default Sinefa OS.
3. Once the Recovery option has loaded, you will need to type in the below:
./install.sh -R -a r
4. Once prompted - you will need to type in y to confirm you want to restore to factory default settings. The process will take a few minutes. Once complete, this should reboot your probe automatically.
5. Once it has rebooted, log back into the admin account and install any software updates.
Once this is complete, the probe should now be restored to Factory Default Settings.