Public Probes are probes that Sinefa has setup as Network Quality Score (NQS) test points. These are useful for customers who would like to create NQS testing against a point on the internet so that they can get information on delay, jitter and loss from their network to a public internet test point or test points.
Current list of Public Probes are:
- San Francisco, USA (AWS)
- N Virginia, USA (AWS)
- Dublin, Ireland (AWS)
- Frankfurt, Germany (AWS)
- Sydney, Australia (AWS & Azure)
- Singapore, Singapore (AWS & Azure)
- Melbourne (Azure)
- Hong Kong (Azure)
The number of Public Probes that can be added to an Account are not limited.
Public Probes are charged at a monthly rate which is shown up when you 'subscribe'.
You can add a Public Probe by following the steps below:
- Log into the Sinefa App
- Go to Settings > Probes > Add Probe
- Find and select the Public Probe that you want to add and click Add
- Go back to Settings > Probes page and click Subscribe button next to the newly added Probe
A confirmation box will come up with the amount that the Public Probe costs, you will not be charged during Trial state.
You may add multiple Public Probes into your system. It's a good idea to pick a Public Probe that is geographically close to you but also some that may be in other regions too.