Invite a User
To invite others into your Sinefa Account, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Settings > System Users.
- Click on Invite User to bring up the New User window.
- Enter the user's email address and select permission level
Permission Level None Read Only Full Access Administrator View Reports - Yes Yes Yes Configuration Changes - - Yes Yes Invite Users - - Yes Yes User Management - - - Yes Billing Contact
A user with any permission level can be set to Billing Contact,
it's limited to one per account
Note: There must be one (and only one) Billing Contact per account. The Billing Contact is the person who is charged by Sinefa for the subscription service and is the only user who can see the Billing section.
- To limit the Probes that a User has access to, enter the Probe(s) or Tag(s) which the user will be limited to. All other Probes will not be visible to this user.
- When you're done filling out these fields, click on the 'Invite' button and an email will be sent to the user with instructions to access the Account.
Please invite firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking on System Users --> Invite Support button.
You can then change the permissions to "Read Only" or "Full Control" depending on the troubleshooting scenario.
Changing the Billing Contact
The Billing Contact by default is set to the account creator and appears in Settings > System Users table as Administrator (Billing Contact).
ONLY the user listed as the Billing Contact will be able to see the Billing section.
To change the Billing Contact, the 'Outgoing Billing Contact' should:
- Go into Settings > Billing
- Select the Billing Details tab
- Under Assign Billing Contact there is a drop-down menu, select the User you want to set as the 'Incoming Billing Contact' and then select Assign.
Note: Only users who have been invited into the account will appear on the drop down list. If the user does not appear in the list, please invite them first
The 'Incoming Billing Contact' will receive an e-mail which contains a link that will take them directly to their User Profile to accept the change. The Billing Contact setting will not change until the Incoming Billing Contact accepts the change. Once accepted, the 'Outgoing Billing Contact' will receive an e-mail notification of the change. They can either click on the link within the e-mail or go straight to Settings > Profile to locate the billing contact request notification at the bottom to accept as per below
Please reach out to email@example.com or contact our support team via chat to let us know of the Billing Contact change which will help us update the new billing contact on our internal billing system.
Once this has been accepted, the original Billing Contact will receive an confirmation e-mail.