This Quick Start Guide assumes the following:
- You have registered for a Sinefa Account (if not, go to http://www.sinefa.com/ and click on the "Free Trial" button to register).
- You have at least one hardware probe.
- Locate the Serial Number (on the cardboard box or underneath the Sinefa Probe)
- Login to Sinefa App at www.sinefa.com and enter the Serial number at Settings > Probes > Add Probe.
In-line with Router
- Plug the Probe into your network by connecting lan1 interface to the LAN switch and connecting wan1 interface to the Router / Firewall.
- lan1 & wan1 have DHCP enabled and will pick up an IP address automatically if DHCP is available.
Out of Path
Please refer to How to set-up SPAN Port Monitoring
- Go to Settings > Probes, click on Subscribe to activate your new Probe. (don’t worry, your credit card on file will not be charged during trial phase)
- If the Probe is turned on and can communicate via HTTPS with app.sinefa.com, it will appear online (green).
- The Probe will automatically report on applications. See Dashboards > Utilization
|My Probe is not showing up in the Settings > Probe list||
• Register the Probe (step 1 of Quick Start Guide).
• Check to see that you have network access – try ping www.sinefa.com to confirm network access. If you need to configure a static address search for ‘Static’ at community.sinefa.com
|I get an error when I enter the Serial Number||
• Check to see that the Serial Number is not registered to another account
• Check to see you entered the correct Serial Number
|I’m not seeing any traffic in the Sinefa App||• Check to see that the Sinefa Probe is appearing as Online in the Settings > Probe page and is Subscribed. Only the Administrator can subscribe Probes under Settings > Probe|
Still need some help?
- Chat to our engineers by going to the drop down box in the Sinefa App and selecting Live Chat
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Check out our network guide here
- We’ve also got some easy-to-follow video tutorials at www.sinefa.com/training