This Quick Start Guide assumes the following:
- You have registered for a Sinefa Account (if not, go to http://www.sinefa.com/ and click on the "Free Trial" button to register).
- You have at least one hardware probe.
- Locate the Serial Number (on the cardboard box or underneath the Sinefa Probe)
- Login to Sinefa App at www.sinefa.com and enter the Serial number at Settings > Probes > Add Probe.
DO NOT USE THE SERIAL NUMBER BELOW. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE ONLY
In-line with Router
- Plug the Probe into your network by connecting lan1 interface to the LAN switch and connecting wan1 interface to the Router / Firewall.
- lan1 & wan1 have DHCP enabled and will pick up an IP address automatically if DHCP is available.
Out of Path
Please refer to How to set-up SPAN Port Monitoring
- Go to Settings > Probes, click on Subscribe to activate your new Probe. (don’t worry, your credit card on file will not be charged during trial phase)
- If the Probe is turned on and can communicate via HTTPS with app.sinefa.com, it will appear online (green).
- The Probe will automatically report on applications. See Dashboards > Utilization
|My network goes down when I plug in the Probe||
• (if inline) While the Sinefa probe is deployed inline, turn off the Sinefa probe and see if the network comes up (the Sinefa physical bypass should kick in). This issue may be caused by an ethernet negotiation issue with neighbouring devices.
• (if out-of-path) Check that you have not created a span loop by plugging in the management and span port into the same bridge.
|My Probe is not showing up in the Settings > Probe list||
• Register the Probe (step 1 of Quick Start Guide).
• Check to see that you have network access – try ping www.sinefa.com to confirm network access. If you need to configure a static address search for ‘Static’ at community.sinefa.com
|I get an error when I enter the Serial Number||
• Check to see that the Serial Number is not registered to another account
• Check to see you entered the correct Serial Number
|I’m not seeing any traffic in the Sinefa App||• Check to see that the Sinefa Probe is appearing as Online in the Settings > Probe page and is Subscribed. Only the Administrator can subscribe Probes under Settings > Probe|
Still need some help?
- Chat to our engineers by going to the drop down box in the Sinefa App and selecting Live Chat
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our network guide here
- We’ve also got some easy-to-follow video tutorials at www.sinefa.com/training