By default, a probe's timezone is set to UTC/0. You may need to change this if you want the probe to perform certain actions at the expected, local time. Currently, the timezone setting on the probe affects the following functions:
- Shaping schedules - if you have defined shaping policies that use schedules, those schedules will be applied according to the local time on the probe. A correctly configured timezone ensure that any shaping schedules are applied at the expected time.
- Scheduled jobs - any scheduled jobs (e.g. check for software update) will be applied according to the local time on the probe. A correctly configured timezone ensure that any scheduled jobs are executed at the expected time.
To configure the timezone on Sinefa probes, follow these steps.
1. Log into the Sinefa probe control panel using monitor/keyboard, SSH or serial console with the username admin.
2. Access the CLI by navigating to System -> CLI.
3. At the CLI prompt, enter the following command to view the available timezones:
system status timezones
cmd>system status timezones
4. At the CLI prompt, set the probe's timezone:
system set timezone <zone>
Replace <zone> with a timezone listed in step 3. E.g.
cmd>system set timezone Australia/Sydney
5. Type the following to save the changes and ensure they survive a reboot: