Shaping by location is mainly used to shape the remote sites where there is no physical probe.
User Defined Locations can be added to perform shaping to locations where no Sinefa probe exists. By specifying the subnet and bandwidth of remote locations, Sinefa probes on the network know how to accurately shape traffic to/from these locations.
How to enable Shaping By Location:
- Click on Settings > Shaping > Locations to see the option “Add User Defined Locations”.
- When the user-defined location is clicked then you will see the Add Location wizard.
- Type in the name of the location.
- Specify a label for the location.
- Mention the subnets that exist in that location. You can separate multiple subnets via commas.
- Specify the Bandwidth in and out for that location.
Automatic vs User Defined Locations:
- Automatic Locations: Locations are automatically added when 'Shaping' is enabled on a probe via Probe Settings.
- User Defined Locations: Locations can be manually added. This enables shaping to/from locations that do not have a Sinefa probe.