1. Download the latest MSI installer from your Sinefa account, go to Settings -> Endpoint. Click on Add Endpoint.
2. Click on Download Windows MSI and also take note of your Registration Key also shown on this screen.
3. Launch the installer package. The wizard will walk you through the install, click Next.
4. Read through and accept the End-User License Agreement, click Next.
5. Pick the destination folder, click Next.
6. Provide the Registration Key (from the Settings -> Endpoint -> Add Endpoint screen in your Sinefa account). The Sinefa Server URL can be left as is in most cases. Click Validate > Next.
7. RECOMMEND: Enable Automatic Updates. Click Next.
8. Click Finish once installation is complete.
7. Install completed, your endpoint agent will connect to the Sinefa servers and appear in your account within a few seconds. It may take a few minutes for initial results to appear.
There are several MSI installer properties that the Sinefa Endpoint Agent installer accepts. These can be used to a perform silent, distributed installation.
Specifies the registration key to use when the agent first starts.
Specifies the server to connect to when the agent first starts.
Specifies the if auto updates are enabled (1) or disabled (0) by default.
Usually, specifying your Registration Key is all that's required to perform a silent install and have the agent register to your Sinefa account automatically. Here is an example of invoking the agent installer without any user interaction:
Sinefa_Endpoint_Agent_x64_v1.2.11.msi REGISTRATION_KEY="test-1234" /quiet
Within five minutes you should be able to see the agent reporting data in the portal. If not then perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that the workstation has access to the internet and that DNS is working. Perform a ping to "ui.sinefa.com" to ensure that it resolves to an IP Address and you have internet access.
2. If using a Proxy to access the internet you may need to add the following to the whitelist:
3. Ensure that the Agent service is running. Go to the Windows Start menu and type in "services.msc" and press enter. This will open up the Services control panel. By default they will be sorted by name. scroll down and check the status of "Sinefa Endpoint Agent". it should look like this:
If it's not running then start the service, wait five minutes before checking the portal again. If it still isn't reporting back move onto Step 2.
4. Some Anti-Virus applications may need exceptions to allow the various components of the Sinefa Endpoint Agent to run correctly. This varies with different Anti-Virus vendors however here are some exceptions that should apply to all:
"C:\Program Files\Sinefa\Sinefa Endpoint Agent\*"
"C:\Program Files\Sinefa\Sinefa Endpoint Agent\bin\*"
After the exceptions are in place, reboot the workstation and begin again from Step 1. If you still don't have any success, please visit: https://www.sinefa.com/support/
1. Click on Windows, search for Control Panel.
2. Click on Uninstall a program.
3. Click on Sinefa Endpoint Agent, click Uninstall.