Sinefa's ServiceNow integration allows events generated on the Sinefa platform to be raised as incidents in ServiceNow.
To connect your Sinefa account to your ServiceNow account, go to Settings -> Events -> Actions, then click Add Action.
You'll need to provide the following details:
- Name: Give the action a name, e.g. "Create ServiceNow Incident"
- Select "ServiceNow" as the action
- In the URL field, enter: https://<your account>.service-now.com/api/api/now/table/incident
- In the Auth Key field, enter a username/password in the form "Basic <base64 encoded username and password>"
To create the auth string, you need to base64 encode the username and password of a ServiceNow user with write permissions on the incident table. You need to base64 encode the string <username>:<password> - note the ":" character between the username and the password.
The following ServiceNow fields are set when a Sinefa event is created:
- Contact type: "Sinefa" (if defined in ServiceNow)
- Category: "Network"
- Short description: <Sinefa event subject>
- Impact: <Sinefa event severity>
- Priority: <Sinefa event severity>